Have you seen any areas around your home that have been chewed or torn into in order to gain access into your home? Those areas can include soffits, fascia boards, and/or any home vents. Have you heard noises in your attic that has awakened you at night? Well, there is no way any of these situations are caused by a nuisance wildlife pest.
Nuisance pests CAN chew and/or tear into areas around your home to gain access. Raccoons have strong human like hands and sharp teeth that can shred any soffit or fascia board. Squirrels also has sharp teeth to which they can do the same. These unwanted pests can enter your home and terrorize your space; therefore, cause thousands of dollars in damage.
I do not like spiders. I will leave the room if there has been a spider located within it. My son knows how much I dislike these creatures and decided to play a prank on me. He came into my office and threw a fake spider on the floor yelling, "Mom, there's a spider on the floor". Of course, I start to flee the room when he yelled, "April Fool's, Mom". Today, the first of April is considered April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day. Today is the day where all types of practical jokes are played on each other. Many people use this day to prank their unfortunate victims.
No one knows for sure how April Fool's came to be. Historians believed this day stemmed from a calendar change in the 16th century while France changed New Year's Day from April 1st to January 1st when the Gregorian calendar was adopted. Not everyone knew about the change and still celebrated New Year's on April 1st which constructed April Fool's.
Here are some interesting facts regarding this prank day.
1. French children prank each other by taping paper fish on each other's backs.
2. Canada and England celebrate April Fool's until noon of April 1st.
3. English pranksters in the 1700's played tricks one on one what is popularized as "All Fool's Day".
4. April Fool's is also celebrated by common day corporations as well. Taco Bell claimed they had purchased the naming rights to the Liberty Bell and Burger King unveiled the chocolate Whopper.
5. Scotland celebrate April Fool's Day for two days which is called "hunting the gowk". If you are tricked the you are an "April gowk". The second day is called "Taily Day" which is devoted to pranking the back side of the body.
6. 32% of workers say they have either initiated or been on the receiving end of an April Fool's Day joke at work according to the CareerBuilder.com survey.
Even though April 1st is considered April Fool's Day, there is no joking when an unwanted pest invades your home. Give Elite Wildlife Removal a call at 804-867-7184 if you have seen evidence of any nuisance pests or have heard noises in your attic. Our trained technicians will conduct a thorough inspection to determine the level of activity and areas around your home where the pests had entered. We will work with you to remove these pests, seal up those entry areas and talk about a remediation process to clean up their mess.